Botox- botulinum toxinAesthetic Medicine.
Botox- Botulinum toxin type A has been used in the treatment of various neurological diseases that go with excessive muscle tension from 1990 onwards. It often temporarily inhibits the release of a neurotransmitter responsible for the transmission of impulses between nerves and the muscles. It is used in Aesthetic Medicine to the treatment of moderate to deep facial lines for example, forehead lines, which are the excessively active vertical wrinkles located between the eyebrows. These wrinkles deepen through facial expressions occurring during anger, fear or anxiety. The presence of forehead wrinkles- glabella, can have psychological effects for patients: many people think that society sees them as upset or angry when this is not the case. Injections of botulinum toxin- Botox may temporarily relax the muscles and improve the appearance. The effect appears after about 3-7 days and is maintained between 4-7 months. With time the botulinum toxins in the body disappear and new nerve-muscular endings appear. The muscles start contracting again and wrinkles reappear. Botulinum toxin Botox can also reduce excessive sweating in the armpits or face and excessive masseter muscle tension. Botox allows you to get a younger and smoother skin. Features remain the same and wrinkles are smoothed out. The effectiveness and safety in Botulinum toxin therapy in Aesthetic Medicine Clinic is key to therapy which depends on the application of appropriate injection techniques.
- elimination of wrinkles and skin rejuvenation
- levelling of migraine headache
- treatment of bruxism (nocturnal teeth grinding)
- gummy smile
- stone beard treatment
- elimination of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- neurological, neuromotor and muscles diseases (myasthenia gravis)
- prescribed intaking of aminoglycoside antibiotics (tetracycline, lincomycin, gentamicin, neomycin, streptomycin)
- diastolic medication treatments
- hypersensitivity to any treatment components
- pregnancy, breastfeeding
- topical skin infections, active Herpes
- autoimmune diseases ie. Rheumatoid arthritis
The treated areas with Botox must be kept clean and sterile for 24 hours after treatment. On the day of treatment, after the treatment avoid flying, scuba diving, saunas, exercise, swimming and alcohol.
Sign up a free consultation and confirm a treatment